Here’s a best practice when pitching the media…be prepared!
- Know your brand(s) and know your elevator speech(es).
- Have some good pictures that are easily downloadable from your site.
- Have 2 good bios, a longer one at 250-300 words and a shorter one at 50-100 words, with a focus on your accomplishments.
- Have 1-3 montage videos or sizzle reels that position you as an expert or as a celebrity expert.
- Have a professionally done book cover displaying your last book or your next book coming soon.
- Have testimonials and/or endorsements, preferably with video links.
- Have all of the above on a website on which the decision makers of media can research you. (This is what I call an Icon website that answers the big question, “Why You?”)
The emotional triggers, conscious and subconscious thoughts from these things go like this…someone that has this kind of social proof professionally done must have money…and if they have money, they must be successful…and if they are successful, they must be good at what they do. People want to work with successful people who are really good at what they do!
Sure, there are exceptions to these rules and overwhelming thought patterns, but to follow these laws and rules is to put the odds drastically in your favor to the point that success and profits simply become a numbers game.
Are you prepared to play? It’s fun when you have what’s needed to play on a professional level and win the game of life and business by no longer being the world’s best kept secret.
Be heard, be seen, get results and get paid!
P.S. Are you prepared for the Icon Mastermind and JV Summit Nov 18-19 in L.A.? Get prepared and ready to pitch new referral partners and potential new clients. All the same ideas, checklists, and rules apply. Sign up at www.iconmastermind.com/
David T. Fagan
The Icon Builder